Instructions for Oral Presentations
Thank you for presenting at the 55th ESPGHAN Annual Meeting 2023
This page is designed to prepare you for your oral presentation at ESPGHAN 2023. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
Who are these guidelines for?
- Invited speakers, both in the courses and the Annual Meeting.
- Presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation in Parallel sessions.
- Please refer to the scientific programme for further details on your session type.
- For information regarding preparation of e-Posters for presentations and viewing please click HERE. For information regarding Poster Walks and viewing, please click HERE.
Please Note: For invited speakers in the courses and in scientific sessions in the Annual Meeting, as all sessions are being live streamed and recorded, presentations must be uploaded in the Speaker’s Ready Room, per the guidelines below. You are unable to present from your personal computer.
Please note: For Working Groups and Special Interest Groups on Wednesday, 17 May 2023. You will need to bring your material with you on a USB and will use a laptop in the room. The below guidelines pertain to speakers and presenting authors speaking in scientific sessions and courses.
- The preliminary scientific programme can be viewed on the Annual Meetings’ website HERE.
- To view your entire schedule please access the general search and search for your last name.
- All the sessions in which you are involved will appear, including the session title, date and time. Please make sure to check the online programme regularly for updates as changes may occur.
- Please Note: Chairing roles and the timing for e-poster sessions and poster walks are not currently being displayed as decisions are currently being finalised.
As an Invited Speaker or Oral Presenter, you will need to:
- Present your lecture or abstract onsite
- Invited Speakers and Oral Presenters are expected to attend the Annual Meeting in person and present their lecture or abstract at the Annual Meeting venue in their allocated session. If you will not be able to travel to Vienna, please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
All presenters are required to register for the Annual Meeting; onsite. If you have not yet done so, you may find information regarding registration by clicking here. For any additional assistance, please contact our registration department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete a Publication Consent Form
- The Consent Form is completed online in your profile area and is mandatory for all presenters and moderators at the Annual Meeting. The ESPGHAN 2023 Congress Organizer has already emailed you your login details and further instructions on completing the form. If you have not received the form yet, please check your spam folder first, and email us at email@example.com.
- Submit a short biography and photograph (headshot) for the interactive programme, meet the faculty page and the virtual platform.
- Submitting a photo and short biography is not mandatory, however, it will allow the Annual Meeting attendees to get acquainted with your professional background before attending your session.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title.
- Logos, promotional or marketing materials are not permitted be included in your presentation.
- Please complete the conflict-of-interest slide found in the PowerPoint template and include it, as the second slide, in your presentation. The template can be found HERE.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint; the videos must be embedded as an MP4.
Presentation Layout and Ratio
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: Please note that the Annual Meeting computers in the session Halls are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the Halls is 16:9.
Important for MAC users
To use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare your presentation according to the instructions below, before taking it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG. The following file types will NOT be visible on a PowerPoint based PC – TIF, PNG or PICT.
Onsite presentation Slides Upload
- To upload your presentation, you must bring your slides to the Speakers’ Ready Room on a USB stick. Signs for the Speakers’ Ready Room will be clearly posted at the Annual Meeting.
- You are asked to only use the Annual Meeting computers in the session halls for presentation purposes. The Annual Meeting will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
- Please note that your slides must be finalised and ready on the day of your session.
- Please upload your presentation slides in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning and at least 2 hours before the start of the session.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint, please make sure to test it in Speakers’ Ready Room during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session and at least 2 hours before the start of the session.
- In the Speakers’ Ready Room, please check with the technician if the sound and picture from the video are transmitted well and repeat the test again during the break before your session in the session hall to avoid technical issues.
Speakers’ Ready Room Opening Hours
- Wednesday, 17 May: 07:00-20:00
- Thursday, 18 May: 07:30-20:30
- Friday, 19 May: 08:00-20:30
- Saturday, 20 May: 08:00-16:00
*Please note: hours are subject to change
To promote your participation at ESPGHAN 2023, please refer to our Promotional Toolkit page. You will find ESPGHAN 2023 banners, letterheads and more.