Abstract Submission is Now Open !
Deadline: Wednesday, 14 December 2022; Midnight CET (23:59)
|Abstract Submission Opens
||Now Open !
|Abstract Regular Submission Deadline
||Wednesday, 14 December 2022; Midnight CET (23:59)
||Initial Accept/Reject Notifications to be sent the end of January 2023.
||Notifications regarding the presentation type, will be sent by the end of February 2023.
*Please Note: All efforts are made to send notification by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, a revised date will be posted here.
Rules & Guidelines for Abstract Submission
Please read the submission rules and guidelines before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only.
- ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- An abstract can be submitted to the 55th Annual Meeting of ESPGHAN if it has not been previously published as a full manuscript.
- Abstracts may be submitted for:
- an Oral Presentation
- e-Poster Presentation
- Poster/e-Poster Viewing Only
If you are submitting an abstract for the endoscopy topic, we are pleased to let you know that you can also submit a video to be considered for a short presentation. For more information click here.
- The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline.
- Abstracts received after the deadline, will not be considered.
- The same person may submit as many abstracts as they would like.
- The same person may serve as a presenting author on up to 5 abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants.
- Please note: The email used for the person indicated as the presenting author during the submission process, must also be the same email used for the presenter during their registration process.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the deadline indicated in the notification email, will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in all official Annual Meeting publications, as deemed appropriate by the ESPGHAN Scientific Committee.
- Including but not limited to, digital publications on the website and the meeting app. As well as hard copy publications for onsite delegates.
- The abstracts for the 55th Annual Meeting of ESPGHAN will also be published as an abstract book in the Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (JPGN). Please note: The abstracts will be published approximately three weeks prior to the meeting.
- During the abstract submission process, the submitter will have the opportunity to include a contact email for each abstract submitted, to be included in the journal; this is a separate area to provide a contact email in addition to the email used when opening abstract submission.
- Your contact email will only be shared with the journal if you choose to enter a contact email when requested to do so during the submission process.
- By not including a contact email in this additional section when requested, your email address will not be shared with the JPGN journal.
- Only one contact email may be included.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- Additional information will be sent to the submitters in due course.
- Please note: Only the individual identified as the submitter and/or the presenting author will receive notifications regarding the submission and all meeting communications thereafter.
- The official meeting language will be English. Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the meeting website in due course.
Guidelines for Submission:
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Email address
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city state (if relevant), Country
- Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Preferred Presentation type:
- Oral Presentation
- e-Poster Presentation
- Poster/e-Poster Viewing Only.
- Abstract title– must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract text– limited to 300 words including acknowledgments. (Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables are included).
- Abstract topic– select the abstract topic per the list of topics.
- 1 table maybe included with your submission:
- Max number of columns: 10
- Max number of rows: 10
- Please note that a table may significantly reduce the number of available words.
- Instead of the table you can include an image.
- Images– The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format. Please Note: images do not affect the word count.
- The abstract must be structured into the following sections as given in the template:
- Objectives and Study
During the submission process, after the conclusion section, you will have the option to include a contact email address to be included in the publication of the JPGN.
- Please note: You do not need to enter the abstract title or authors names again in the above sections, as this information will have been gathered previously; this will add to your word count.
- Abstracts must contain data and meet international ethical standards.
- Abbreviations should be defined.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial or promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors. No corrections are possible after the submission deadline. The abstract text, as well as the abstract title and the list of authors will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No proof reading will be done.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to save your abstract. You may log in to the system later to make changes to your abstract, up to the submission deadline. After the deadline, changes will not be possible; this includes changing or adding co-authors.
- You will receive an abstract reference number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Abstract Submitters’ Declaration:
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to ESPGHAN 2023 and Kenes International (Hereafter: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
For further information regarding the abstract submission please contact us here.