Exhibition – General Information
The information presented here is subject to change.
Final guidelines and deadlines will be as published in the Exhibition Manual
you will receive approximately 3 months prior to the event.
Login details to access the Portal will be sent to the company representative once the contract is signed.
The Portal enables exhibitors and supporters to:
- Submit company logo and profile
- Order lead retrieval (badge scanners)
- Submit a list of individual names for badges and order extra exhibitor badges
- Submit booth drawing (applicable for “Space Only” booths)
- Submit lettering for Fascia sign (applicable for “Shell Scheme” booths)
- Submit other deliverables as per sponsorship agreement
- One user per company – the login details will be sent to the contact person who signed the contract. This person is responsible for passing on the login details to any third party if needed.
- The contract holder will be charged with any purchase made by their employee, stand builder or agency, unless requested otherwise in writing.
- Access to all Portal services will be available only after submission of your company logo and profile.
- Please note that access to the portal allows the user to see information from previous transactions made by your company with Kenes Group.
- Only deliverables indicated in your contract, should be submitted via the Portal. Items that are not included in your contract will not be processed.
- Keep the Exhibitor’s Portal link together with your login information on hand for future reference.
|Monday, 13th May
Exhibition Set-up- for Space Only Stands
** Safety Shoes, helmet, high visibility vest are mandatory
|Tuesday, 14th May
Exhibition Set-up All Booths
** Safety Shoes, helmet, high visibility vest are mandatory
|Exhibition Opening||Wednesday,15th May||18:30 – 20:00
(End of Networking Reception)
|Thursday, 16th May||9:30-17:30|
|Friday, 17th May||10:30-16:30|
|Saturday 18th May||11:00-15:00|
|Saturday 18th May||15:00-24:00
** Safety Shoes, helmet, high visibility vest are mandatory
Below are estimated deadlines. Updated deadlines will be as published in the Exhibition Technical Manual when available
|Company logo and profile||As soon as possible|
|Booth design for approval
(For ‘Space Only’ booths)
|6 weeks prior to the event|
|Text for Fascia
(Shell Scheme booths only)
|4 weeks prior to the event|
|Dedicated Wi-Fi / Internet*||4 weeks prior to the event|
|Lead Retrieval Barcode Readers Order*||2 weeks prior to the event
Onsite rate will be applied for orders received after the deadline
|Extra Exhibitor badges||2 weeks prior to the event|
|Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire||6 weeks prior to the event|
|Security*||6 weeks prior to the event|
|Rigging* (‘space only’ booths)||
4-5 weeks prior to the event
|Shell Scheme Extras|
|Daily Booth Cleaning|
|Plants & Floral decorations|
|Telecommunications and AV Equipment
(Screens, Laptop, Desktop)
|Shipment via advance warehouse||Approx. 10 days prior to the event|
*Exclusive service to Kenes / the venue /official supplier(s)
Lead Retrieval systems are a helpful tool for receiving participants’ contact information when they visit your booth. Information obtained by the lead retrieval system enables Exhibitors to enhance their database by securing valuable leads for further marketing and communication.
We are pleased to offer you the “K-Lead” Application. Exhibitors can download the “K-Lead” app onto their own smart phone or tablet and transform their device into an instant, easy lead retrieval system and capture participants’ full contact information with a quick scan of their badge.
The advantages of the “K-Lead” application:
- Effortless process using registration badge barcode.
- Allows to immediately view the leads information.
- Ability to insert exhibitor’s comments for each lead.
- Application is available for download from Apple store or Google play: “K-Lead App”.
- Cost per unit – EUR 600 (excluding 4% credit card charges fees, excluding VAT if applicable)
The Application should be installed on your company/personal device (tablet/smart phone). Operational information will be sent in due course.
To order “K-Lead” Application, please access the Exhibitor’s Portal https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com
Deadline: 2 weeks prior to the event
Onsite rate of EUR 750 will be applied for orders received after above deadline.
- Device is not included. The Application should be installed on your company/personal device (tablet/smart phone).
Kenes will not share delegate’s personal data with third parties without their consent.
Please note that similarly to sharing a business card, presenting a delegate badge for scanning at exhibition booths or industry symposia constitutes an expression of consent to share their personal details with the company that is scanning their badge so that it may contact them in the future.
- Barcodes on delegate’s badges contain contact information as supplied by the delegate or the agency responsible for the registration process of the delegate. We regret that in some cases, such as when group registration is completed by a company, we may not be in possession of the full contact details.
- In addition, please note that neither Kenes Group nor the Organising Committee is responsible for the content of the information.
- Each exhibiting company is entitled to free exhibitor badges. The amount of free exhibitor badges is stated in your contract and determined by your booth size.
Two exhibitor badges will be given for the first 9 sqm booked, and one additional badge for each 9 sqm thereafter.
- Exhibitor badges allow free access to the exhibition area, refreshments served as indicated in the programme timetable and access to the Welcome Reception.
- Exhibitors with an Exhibitor Badge are not eligible to receive CME/CPD credits and will not appear in the World Map feature (List of participants).
- All exhibitors are required to be registered and will receive a badge displaying the exhibiting company name and individual participant name.
- Exhibitor badges can be collected at the registration desk on-site during registration opening hours (they will not be mailed in advance).
- Exhibitors are required to access the Exhibitor’s Portal and provide the name of the exhibiting company name and individual participant name.
- Extra exhibitor badges may be purchased online through the Exhibitor’s Portal, at additional cost. Companies may purchase a maximum number of exhibitor badges as follows:
- Booths of up to 60sqm – 15 exhibitor badges
- Booths larger than 60sqm – 25 exhibitor badges
- Deadline for ordering additional exhibitor badges via the exhibitor portal: 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Please make sure that your company profile has been submitted via the Exhibitor’s Portal before placing an order.
All company representatives are required to wear exhibitor badges to access the exhibition. Company representatives not wearing their badges will not be allowed to access the exhibition. Exhibitor badges are for the use of company personnel manning the booth and should not be used to bring visitors to the exhibition.
Stand builders and staff must wear service passes during the entire set-up and dismantling period. Service Passes are free of charge and may be collected from the Exhibition Manager Desk on-site.
The Exhibition is being held in South Hall which is located on Level 0.
Virtual tour: https://www.micomilano.it/en/organize/facilities
- Hall height is 11 meters
- Maximum build up height allowed for booth walls is 5 meters
- From bottom to the light trust we are not allowing more than 7 meters, see diagram below.
- Exhibitors who will have stands higher than the maximum permitted height will not be allowed to set-up their stands.
- Shell scheme stand build up is 2.5 meters.
Electricity is coming from the floor as well as from the pillars and ceiling if necessary
Any part facing neighboring stands that is above 2.5 meters in height needs to be designed with neutral surfaces (white).
Structures installed for specific events, exhibition stands including installations, special structures and exhibits as well as advertising displays must be sufficiently stable that they do not pose a threat to public safety and order and, in particular, that they do not endanger life and health.
Exhibitors / customers are responsible for ensuring the load-bearing capacity and stability of such structures and may be required to furnish the relevant proof.
Floor type: Concreate solid floor
Maximum floor load: 5.000 kg/sqm
Exhibitors are required to have floor cover or carpeted floor within the stand area.
All floor coverings must be secured and maintained so that they do not cause any hazard.
Fixing of floor covering to the hall floor may only be carried out using approved tape.
Mechanical damage or soiling which cannot be removed during the normal cleaning and maintenance of the floor will be repaired at the expense of the person/company causing the damage.
There are several pillars in the Exhibition Hall (please refer to the above link with 3D view). No adhesive stickers and fixtures of any kind are allowed on the pillars.
If there is a pillar within your Booth space only, you can incorporate this into the Booth design and build a structure around it to hold all branding etc, please be aware that on several of the columns there are fire distinguishers, you need to allow access to them in case of emergency, so please incorporate easy access to them.
Ceiling hanging is permitted.
Exhibitors using independent contractors are required to submit the following for approval 6 weeks prior to the event.
- A scaled drawing (scaled 1:200 DWG), including elevation views of the proposed booth to be built.
- Electrical connections – a list of all appliances.
- Other utility connections such as water and drainage are subject to availability and must be checked with the Exhibition Manager prior to submitting the designs.
- The name and contact details of their construction company.
- All exhibits are to be displayed to avoid blocking aisles, obstructing adjoining stands, or damaging the premises.
- Exhibitors are kindly requested to allow sufficient see – through areas that ensure clear views of surrounding exhibits. Entire sideway walls will not be approved. You are only allowed to build walls that covers third of each side.
- Island booths should be partly accessible on all “open” sides. We try to keep the exhibition as open and inviting as possible. Wall construction alongside aisle is allowed but max 1/3 of side to side may be covered.
- Construction finish must be perfect in all the stand’s visible areas, including rear sides.
- Please note that if your booth has a platform, you are required to provide a ramp to ensure access for people with disabilities.
- Advertising on the boundary with other stands is prohibited.
- Multilevel structures are not permitted.
- Arches, bridges, or similar constructions connecting two or more Booths are not permitted.
- Screens or any kind of equipment to be shown or demonstrated may notbe placed directly on the edge of the stand contracted in order to ensure that the visitor viewing the screens/equipment will be inside the booth and not blocking aisle traffic.
- Any counter, desk etc. or device (i-pads, touch screens etc.) which attract visitors may not be placed immediately at the borders of the booth facing the aisles (there should be a reasonable distance from the edge of the booth).
- Coffee bars or other F&B-stations have to be inside the booth area to ensure that the visitors are standing and queuing up inside the booth area and not standing in the aisle.
- The maximum building height for the top of all elements is 5 meters. From the bottom to the light trust can be maximum of 7 meters.
- Structures installed for specific events, exhibition stands including installations, special structures and exhibits as well as advertising displays must be sufficiently stable that they do not pose a threat to public safety and order and that they do not endanger life and health.
- Exhibitors / customers are responsible for ensuring the load-bearing capacity and stability of such structures and may be required to furnish the relevant proof.
- Any part facing neighboring stands that is above 2.50 m in height needs to be designed with neutral surfaces (white or grey).
Ceiling Rigging is permitted and must be authorized in advance by the Allianz MiCo (Milano Convention Center) Milan.
• The organizers will not approve booths that do not comply with the accepted standards until the necessary changes have been made.
• Work cannot commence until the booth drawings are approved by the organizers.
• The used spaces must be returned to the Allianz MiCo (Milano Convention Center) completely clear of all items and the Exhibition areas restored to their original state.
- All basic shell scheme booths will be designed and built by the official stand contractor.
- Exhibitors are not allowed to make any alterations to the structure of the booths or remove any integral parts from the booths. Exhibitors wishing to remove or change the location of any standard equipment within the shell scheme booth should indicate clearly on the location plan and forward it together with clear instructions to the official stand contractor and the Exhibition Manager 4 weeks prior to the event.
- No free-standing stand-fitting or display(s) may exceed the height of the shell scheme structure or extend beyond the boundaries of your booth. This includes company names, advertising materials, flags and logos provided by the exhibitor.
- It is not allowed under any circumstances to cut, nail or drill into or through the walls, facia, floor or ceiling.
- Please do not use any adhesive products that may leave marks or cause damage to the panels and booth structure. Booth must be returned in the same condition in which it was received. Any damage to booth structure will be invoiced to the exhibitor.
- No painting is allowed; no usage of nails or screws.
- Double sided tape can be used to affix lightweight items as long as it does not leave mark or cause damage to the panels and booth structure. Velcro can be used as well (male & female).
- It is possible to use fishing line (nylon) to hang pictures etc.
- An exhibitor occupying a booth at the corner can request to close the additional side(s). If the official stand contractor and the Exhibition Manager is not being notified in writing 4 weeks prior to the event, it will be assumed that the exhibitor will have opening on the additional side(s).
- A back wall of a booth (any booth type) cannot be used by other exhibitors.
- Excess stock, literature or packing cases may not be stored on, around or behind booths, unless contained within a lockable storeroom.
Maximum of 21 characters (including spaces) may be written on your fascia (applicable for a 9 sqm booths).
Please submit lettering for fascia via the Exhibitor’s Portal no later than 4 weeks prior to the event.
If you wish to print your company logo on the board, instead of your company name or in addition to the name, this can be ordered at additional cost via the official stand contractor.
If text for your fascia is not received by the official deadline, we will provide you with a fascia title as per your application form.
The organiser will arrange for general cleaning of the exhibition premises prior to the opening of exhibition and daily prior to opening thereafter (excluding exhibit booths and displays).
Daily booth cleaning can be ordered directly with the official supplier.
Complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided by the meeting during official meeting days at most areas.
This public Wi-Fi connection is limited for basic web browsing or checking emails.
Should you have any internet-based feature/device/activity at your booth (for example: product demonstrations), we strongly recommend ordering a dedicated internet connection for your booth (wireless or wired connection) to guarantee a consistent internet connection inclusive of technical support.
Wired internet and Wi-Fi connection may be ordered through Kenes 4 weeks prior to the event.
Please contact the Exhibition Manager.
- Please be advised private Wi-Fi networks installations in the booth are not allowed.
- The venue and the organiser reserve the rights to discontinue any activity which interfere with the hall Wi-Fi coverage.
- Technical support: we will ensure that the service you purchased is functioning as it should, however we cannot troubleshoot or repair issues with client-provided equipment.
- The exhibitor is responsible for following legal, ethical, moral and generally accepted internet and e‐mail conduct when communicating across the meeting’s network. The venue reserves the right to disconnect and/or limit a user’s right to or use of the network if rules and conditions are not respected.
- Please do not leave any bags, boxes, suitcases or any type of product unattended at any time, whether inside or outside the exhibition area.
- Neither the venue nor the organiser can accept responsibility for the security of the booths and their contents. The venue as well as the organiser are not liable for any possible loss, theft and/or damage occurred during the rental period of any private property or goods. Exhibitors are fully responsible for the security of their booth and equipment.
- If you wish to hire security for your booth, this can be done via the venue.
The venue exclusively offers food, beverage and catering services.
Absolutely no food or beverage from outside the venue is allowed into the premises without prior written approval from the venue. This includes bottled water.
Exhibitors who wish to order food and beverages for their booth are welcome to do so directly with the venue.
The exhibitor should consider the space available on the booth to store and display the requested deliveries.
For ordering waste removal please contact the venue directly.
Short-term storage of materials left over after assembly (empty boxes, crates, cases, palettes etc.) should be coordinated with the official logistic agent (payable service).
Under no circumstances may packing materials of any kind be left in the aisles, on the booths, around or behind the booths.
Please contact the official logistic agent with information on sizes and number of parcels, size and storage period.
Shipments sent directly to the venue prior to the set-up period, will be refused by the venue.
Once the event & dismantling are over, the venue shall not be held responsible for the safekeeping and/or storage of any items left in the building. If the venue takes care of the removal of these items, it will be charged to the exhibitor.
The delivery and removal of materials and goods for the exhibition booths is allowed only by the official freight forwarder.
Please be advised that neither the organiser nor the venue can accept deliveries on an exhibitor’s behalf and arrangements must be made for a stand/company representative to be available when deliveries are made.
Deliveries may not be made prior to the first set-up day. Any deliveries prior to this date, or off the official working hours, will not be accepted. Please refer to the Shipping Instructions for the deliveries address.
As a courtesy to the delegates and your fellow exhibitors, deliveries or the removal of any equipment to/from booth must be made 30 minutes before or after exhibition opening hours.
It is not permitted to bring animals into the venue.
Build-Up & Dismantling Period
- During the period of build-up and dismantling, it is prohibited to consume alcoholic beverages in the working area as well as to perform work under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
- The Exhibitors and contractors are required to wear the necessary personal protective equipment such as safety footwear, protective helmets, eye protection, and hand protection required by the specific work activity.
- The use of cutting machines, welding machines, sanders and spray guns is strictly forbidden.
No person under the age of 18 years can be admitted to the Exhibition, either during build‐up, opening days or breakdown. This rule also applies to Exhibitors’ children and must be strictly enforced to comply with the safety regulations of the exhibition.
Use of compressed gases is not allowed.
Damage to the Building
Exhibitors are liable for all damage caused to floors, walls, and pillars during the installation, Exhibition, and dismantling periods. No adhesive stickers and fixtures of any kind are allowed on floors, walls, and pillars.
Disposal of Material
It is obligatory to collect and dispose of all material during the build-up or dismantling of the event.
When the dismantling period is over, the exhibitor loses any right to claim losses or damage to property left behind. Any costs incurred by the venue in removing this property will be charged to the exhibitor.
- Stand material and fittings must be non-flammable or impregnated treated with fire-retardant chemicals.
- As a general rule, easily inflammable synthetic substances, foam polyester, and non-fireproof straw and reeds are prohibited.
- Exhibitors are prohibited from covering displays with drop cloths, sheets, table cloths or other non-flame resistant material.
Fire Insurance (compulsory)
Exhibitors must be insured against fire.
Health & Safety
- It is the responsibility of the stand holder to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors as far as is reasonably practicable throughout the event.
- It is recommended that the stand holders appoint a supervisor for the stand, with the specific responsibility for ensuring the health & safety of their staff and stand builders. It is advisable that a Risk Assessment is completed for the stand and submitted to the organisers.
Hanging of Posters, Banners etc.
Hanging of posters, banners or decals, stickers or similar items, on the walls, floors, ceilings, or pillars within or outside the installations of the venue are not allowed without a prior written authorisation.
- Exhibitors are required to take out appropriate Insurance. Third part liability insurance is obligatory. It remains the Exhibitors full responsibility to insure themselves appropriately.
- Neither the organisers nor the venue, their representatives or agents will be held responsible for any loss or damage to exhibitor’s property. Exhibitors must take precautions to protect their property against pilferage.
- The organisers do not provide insurance for exhibitors and their property. The exhibitor is responsible for his property and person and for the property and persons of his employees through full and comprehensive insurance and shall hold harmless the organisers for any and all damage claims arising from theft and those perils usually covered by a fire and extended-coverage policy. Therefore, you are obliged to have a public liability insurance that covers all injuries to persons and damages that might cover in connection with the exhibition.
- Exhibitors are personally liable for all expenses incurred by the organisers or by third parties in regard to technical services provide.
- We also recommend that you have additional coverage against loss or damage to exhibition material during transport and during exhibition times. Please make arrangements for insurance coverage through your company’s insurer.
- Exhibitors are responsible for all property damage as well as any loss or injury caused by their property, agents or employees. Companies will indemnify the organisers against all claims and expenses arising from any damages.
- If for any reason whatsoever the Exhibition needs to be abandoned, postponed, or altered in any way, either in whole or part, or if the organisers find it necessary to change the dates of the Exhibition, the organisers shall not be liable for any expenditures, damages or loss incurred in connection with the Exhibition.
- The organisers shall further not be liable for any loss which the Exhibition or Exhibition contractors may incur due to the intervention of any authority which prevents or restricts the use of the venue or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever.
- Safety and Security of Material. Please do not leave any bags, boxes or suitcases unattended at any time, whether inside or outside the exhibition area. The organisers and venue cannot accept liability for loss of or damage to private property or goods.
- The organisers will provide security guard service in the exhibition hall during off-show hours. Neither The venue nor the organisers can accept responsibility for the security of the stands and their contents and for damage to, or theft of any goods. Exhibitors are fully responsible for the security of their stand and equipment.
Sound Equipment and Music
- In general, the use of sound equipment/music in booths is permitted as long as the noise level does not disrupt the activities of neighbouring exhibitors.
- Speakers and other sound devices should be positioned to direct sound inward (to be contained within the booth) rather than outward (toward aisles and other exhibitor booths).
- It is difficult to establish decibel level restrictions. If an exhibitor or attendee is standing within ~3 meters of an exhibitor’s booth and cannot carry on a normal voice-level conversation, the noise source is too loud.
- Live music is not allowed.
- The organisers reserve the right to require the exhibitor to discontinue any activity, noise, or music that is too loud
- The organisers reserve the right to require the exhibitor to discontinue any activity, noise, or music that is deemed objectionable.
- Exhibitors are reminded that third party copyrights should not be infringed. The organisers have no copyright responsibility in respect of any exhibiting company.
- Proper dispensation must be obtained and any royalties due, paid prior to the use of materials. Should any copyright dispute arise, the organisers will not be liable for any resulting loss or damages, sustained by any exhibitor or third party.
- All demonstrations or instructional activities must be confined to the limits of the Exhibition booth.
- Advertising material and signs may not be distributed or displayed outside the exhibitor’s booth.
- Advertising activities must not cause obstructions or disturbances in the aisles or at neighboring booths.
- The Exhibition Manager reserves the right to require the exhibitor to discontinue any activity, noise, or music that is deemed objectionable.
The venue operates a NO SMOKING policy in ALL halls.
Special effects lighting, live music, smoke and laser projection may not be used in the stands.
No permission will be given for projection in the aisles or on the walls of the hall.
- Exhibitors are responsible for the removal of all refuse/waste from the exhibition area.
- Any discarded waste, including promotional material, left behind will be removed by the organisers at the expense of the exhibitor concerned.
We respectfully request that all supporters (sponsors, exhibitors, special interest groups, and other stakeholders) comply with the conference blackout policy and refrain from holding organized meetings or events in parallel to the scientific program.
Participation by exhibitors is dependent upon compliance with all rules, regulations and conditions stated herein.